Experience Your Music Unbound
with the unique process of Feldenkrais® Awareness Through Movement® customized for musicians:
When: Tuesdays, 5:45 – 7:15 p.m.
April 21 to June 16, 2015
(no class June 9)
Watertown Center For Healing Arts
22 Mt Auburn St, Watertown
Cost: $145 for 8 wk series
- Improve your understanding of body mechanics and movement patterns where it matters to you: in making music and in other challenges you face in your daily life.
- Develop a healthier relationship with the challenges of music-making. We all get in our own way by trying too hard. This class will help you notice when you efforts are inefficient, and, most importantly, lead you to discover ways to free yourself from those habits!
- Acquire tools to take care of yourself. Learn how to shed unnecessary tensions and ‘reset’ yourself to move with more fluidity and focus.
The Martial Art of Musicianship
This series will draw on my years of study of Tai Chi and on the martial roots of the Feldenkrais Method to help you:
- free the power of your breath
- cultivate a sense of your physical and mental center so you can keep calm and grounded under performance pressure
- develop soft, yet powerful arms, hands and fingers, while leaving your neck and head free and relaxed
- refine the connection between slow, controlled practice and fast, agile execution
What is your musical kung fu? 7 lessons for musicians from the martial arts